Apple iOS 5 announced. Five things I’m looking forward to:
- Reminders/ToDo – synced with Outlook
- Able to send messages to groups (I assume this includes SMS – but not clear yet)
- Syncing with iTunes over WiFi
- Quick access to the Camera when the iPhone is locked
- Week view in Calendar
Update 20 Feb 2015: It’s interesting, nearly four years on looking back at what I wished for, and was it worth it?
- I don’t use this feature (I no longer sync with Outlook)
- I use this feature quite a bit.
- This feature turned out to be a dud. For it to work the phone had to be plugged into a power source, like a docking station, but as I only ever charge my phone via a cable connection from my PC …
- I use this almost every day. It’s hard to imagine iOS without this.
- It turns out that although I wanted this, when I got it, I never actually used it.
So it turns out that I only use two of the five things I was looking forward to. I guess the lesson here is the things you wish for are not necessarily the things you need.
[This content was originally posted to Google Buzz, #146]