ABC iView and DNS

I fixed ABC’s iView this week. A few weeks ago I switched to a different ISP, and from that time iView was virtually unwatchable because of really low bandwith, even though I could use other video streaming sites OK. I wasn’t sure where the problem was until I eventually realised that the DNS settings on my ADSL modem/router were manually set to addresses relevant to my previous ISP. After setting DNS back to “Get Automatically From ISP”, downloads from iView were back to normal again.

Having the wrong DNS settings meant that the iView content was being streamed halfway across the world, instead of from the closest servers.


[This content was originally posted to Google+]

Leave a Reply

Comments on this site are moderated and will not appear until approved by the website owner. Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *